Dr. Michael Darr D.C
One of the nuances with chiropractors is listening to their stories of why they became a chiropractor. Mine was life-changing that struck me like a bolt of lightning that aroused me from a deep sleep. But let's be very clear about one thing, it is NOT because my granddad, dad, two uncles, and older brother were all chiropractors. You see, when I was a junior in high school I learned in an advanced physiology class that the nervous system is the master system of the body. It keeps everything else working. This explains why growing up when I asked Dad for an adjustment he asked, "what is bothering you?"
I would sometimes reply, "headache"
or "stomach ache"
. He then said, "let's give you a headache (or stomach)
adjustment". He was actually taking care of the nerves that controlled what was ailing me. That night at 2:00 AM I had a vision of curing the world without drugs or surgery! What an incredible miracle! I have never been the same! And today, I am still living that dream.
Our purpose . . .
Is to promote MAXIMUM (not minimum)
LIFETIME (not just for a few months)
WELLNESS (not crisis care or disease management)
Naturally - Safely - Effectively
To every man, woman and child in our community
On a serious note, my credentials are:
- 1978: graduated Bowling Green State University with associate degree in biology as well as receiving several theater awards.
- 1981: graduated cum laude from Logan Chiropractic College in St. Louis, Missouri with Bachelor of Science degree in human biology and doctorate degree in chiropractic.
- 1994: certified in electromyography and clinical neurophysiology from University of Bridgeport, Connecticut.
- 2004: winner of the Cleveland Plain Dealer's "Top of Consciousness Survey" which found me to be the most popular chiropractor in the Cleveland Metropolitan area.
- 2011: certified kinesio taping practitioner (see KTP).
I am pleased and relieved to say that I have NOT been sued or had any disciplinary action from my profession with 30+ years in private practice!
Professional memberships include:
- International Chiropractic Association
- American chiropractic Association
- Ohio state chiropractic Association
- Northeast Ohio Academy of chiropractic
- Kinesio Taping Association International
On a personal note, I am originally from the farming community of Fremont, Ohio. I was an Altar Boy and became an Eagle Scout in my early days. While at St. Joe's High School and BGSU I wrestled, played soccer, and performed in the theater. In 1982 (the year after graduating from chiropractic college) Jo Anne and I were married. She has been a tremendous partner of mine both at home taking care of our three daughters and at critical times helping in the office.
Vicki our oldest daughter is married, living in Lyndhurst, and is working as a mechanical engineer. Our second daughter Alli, teaches 4th & 5th grade math & science at a private school in Columbus. And our youngest, Stephanie is working towards her master's degree in psychology. Yes, the Lord has blessed us abundantly.
In my free time I like staying busy: tinkering around the house, training for triathlons or a marathon, camping in the summer, skiing in the winter, lifting weights and helping out at our church social committee activities. That's enough about me. I sincerely look forward to meeting you, discovering your interests, likes, dislikes and hoping I can help make your desires/goals a reality for you.
Just call me at 440-835-8484. I take the time to listen because I care!